Next Generation Software Methods:
- Cloud-based – rapid deployment and maintenance.
- Open-source – wide scale adoption, participation and cooperation
- Security by design
Green Energy Corp™ GreenBus® software interoperability platform enables the adoption of evolving Smart Grid technologies and integration with legacy power and communications infrastructures. Microgrid developers can now design and implement an architecture that supports technology adoption over time, while realizing the business benefits incrementally.
Green Energy Corp uses the open source approach for GreenBus® which allows for global participation in the creation and continued enhancement of the software platform and advanced energy management applications.
GreenBus® is provided through a customized open source software subscription model. Green Energy Corp provides subscribers with full access to the GreenBus® open source libraries, maintenance/certification of all GreenBus components, and management of the evolution of GreenBus to serve as the state-of-the-art platform for microgrid management.
Key Benefits of GreenBus®
- Application interoperability and data sharing
- Elimination of point-to-point interfaces & custom patches
- Capture of extremely high volume real-time operational data
- Financial flexibility through cloud or on-site subscription-based service
- Better visibility, metrics and control of grid operations
- Easier integration and management of renewable energy resources
- Increased data accuracy and precision
- Automated work-flow reducing error-prone manual processes
- Streamlines regulatory compliance and reporting Case Studies
Cloud-based Common Access to Operational Data
- Single source of real time data ensures accuracy, fidelity
- SQL and NoSQL Data bases for static and real time data, respectively.
- Federated database is fault tolerant and scalable as used by Facebook, Twitter
- Open Platform
- Publish and Subscribe
- Cross Platform multiple languages, OS and client architectures
- Service Oriented Architecture – Enterprise Service Bus
- Advanced Messaging Queuing Protocol “AMQP” true vendor Interoperability
- Protocol buffers multiple language bindings
- Legacy grid device protocols enable migration
- Standards based DNP3, ModBus, openADR
- 100s of custom vendor protocols
Security By Design
- Simple Authentication and Security Layer SASL
- Applications share common authorization & authentication
- Security policy directs data access levels & data encryption