MegaWatt Solar, Inc. (MWS), a start-up Concentrated Photovoltaic (CPV) developer, engaged GEC to design, develop, and implement the tracking and control systems for their Solar generating plants. The tracking system required dual axis, extremely low tolerance tracking algorithms and the control system incorporated weather conditions (i.e. wind speed, storm tracking, temperature) and solar irradiation monitoring. GEC’s responsibilities associated with this project included:
- Complete software design engineering including development of design specifications.
- Software development per approved specifications for embedded systems as well as PC applications.
- Automated component level acceptance testing.
- System level acceptance testing.
- Support for site acceptance testing and customer approval process.
This project demonstrates GEC’s ability to provide the project management and design engineering required to deliver customer accepted and approved deliverables in a timely manner. Additionally, the project showcases the GEC software development and design engineering teams ability to meet the design challenges of renewable power and Smart Grid integration.