A high profile investor owned utility commissioned GEC to create a custom Dynamic Load Reduction Control (DLRC) application that allows for automatic load control based on user defined load reduction parameters and priorities. The application interfaces with their existing SCADA system with no additional hardware required. GEC’s responsibilities associated with this project included delivery of a customer-approved DLRC application suite, meeting the project schedule and budget requirements. Specific tasks include:
- Project Management in accordance with PMBOK standards.
- Detail Design engineering, including requirements definition, architecture, and test and training plans.
- Software Development of DLRC application, including DLRC GUI, training/testing simulator, and SCADA gateway application.
- Installation and site acceptance testing.
- Development of operations & maintenance and training manuals.
The project showcases the GEC software development team’s ability to create independent custom applications and tools that interact with and enhance a utilities existing SCADA/EMS system.